Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are the more common questions we receive. If your question has still not been answered, please contact our Customer Services team on 0118 957 5111 or email email@example.com
- Do you have a minimum order value?
- No, we don’t place any restrictions on order quantity, you can order as much or as little as you need.
- Am I eligible for a refund?
- We do accept returns, however please go to our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
- How do I amend my order?
- If you would like to amend your order please contact our Customer Services team on 0118 957 5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What do I do if I can’t access my account?
- If you have forgotten your password click here. If you still can't access your account please contact our Customer Services team on 0118 957 5111 or email email@example.com
- What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards, including VISA, MasterCard and Maestro.
- What do I do if I can’t complete the checkout process?
- If you can't complete your order please contact our Customer Services team on 0118 957 5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I order through the office instead of online?
- Yes, Please call the office on 0118 957511, please note that standard carriage through the office is £12.50 and product pricing may differ.
Shipping & Handling
- Do you offer next day delivery?
- Yes, Please call us on 0118 9575111 to check the stock situation.
- Do you charge for delivery?
- Yes, the standard delivery charge is £7.50 for orders placed online. We offer a free delivery service for all online orders exceeding £30.
- Delivery charges for sales orders processed offline are more and the standard delivery charge is £12.50.
- Can I get a Certificate of Conformance for the product?
- For most items this is available, The exceptions being mostly; packing tapes, masking tapes, abrasives and applicator guns. If you would like to check if a certificate if availble please call the office on 0118 9757111.
- The Certificate of Conformance can be added by using the product link or searching for Certificate in the search option.
Product & Technical Information
- What is VHB tape and what is it used for?
- Very High Bond Tapes are ideal for use in many interior and exterior industrial applications. They can replace rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other fasteners. They are ideal for bonding materials such as sealed wood and glass, most metals as well as many plastics, composites and painted surfaces.
- Do you offer non-standard widths of tape?
- Yes, we can slit tape to just 2mm in width with many of our tapes.
- What factors should I take into account before selecting a tape or adhesive?
- Before selecting the product you need to consider the seal, substrate, environment, application and load.
- What surface preparation do I need to carry out before applying any double sided tape or adhesive?
- You need to make sure surfaces are warmer than 10 degrees and are smooth, dry, and clean.
- How quickly will my VHB tape take to reach full strength at room temperature?
- Expect 50% strength after 30 mins, 90% strength after 24 hours and 100% strength after 72 hours.
- What load can my VHB tape support?
- 25 sq. cm per 1Kg for non-critical indoor applications i.e. 10cm of 2.5cm wide tape per 1Kg of weight, and 60 sq. cm per 1Kg for outdoor and critical indoor applications i.e. 24cm of 2.5cm tape per 1Kg of weight.
- What load can my double sided Foam tape support?
- 100 sq. cm per Kg for non-critical applications i.e. 40cm of 2.5cm wide tape per 1Kg of weight.
- What surfaces are difficult to bond?
- Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Nylon, Powder Coated metals, Special Coated or Treated Papers. Call 0118 957 5111 for technical support.
- Are there any surfaces I shouldn’t try to bond?
- Yes - Silicone Rubber and Teflon. Call 0118 957 5111 for technical support.
- Are there any surfaces that require caution when bonding?
- Yes - Injection Moulded Plastics, Plasticised Vinyl, and Rubber Mixtures. Call 0118 957 5111 for technical support.
- How do I remove adhesive residue?
- It is very difficult to remove the residue of any VHB tape but 3M Industrial Cleaner will remove residue left behind from most other products.
- Are you able to offer bespoke products?
- Yes, we can slit tape to size, print tape with your message on it, and supply custom shapes, please click here for more information or call the technical team on 0118 957 5111.
- Why haven't I received my Email confirmation?
- The order confirmation is auto generated as soon as the order is processed, If you haven't received it then your firewall or virus checker may be blocking the email. Please add email@example.com to your address book. This may allow the email to appear but if it doesn't please let us know that you haven't received it.
- How will the payment appear on my card/bank statement?
- We will always send a VAT receipt a few days after the goods are despatch but it’s worth noting that as we are part of Vink UK Limited (Amari Plastics) that this will be the name that appears on your card/bank statement.